MTI Bath: St. Tropez Lavatory sinks are made with 60% of organic material including minerals mines from the earth and dirt. This sink will always look great with little maintenance.
MTI takes responsibility when it comes to ensuring their company reduces their impact on the environment. This is very evident in the policies and practices it has in place.
- MTI recycles cardboard, paper, aluminum, scrap steel, virgin and scrap acrylic and wood.
- MTI recycles test-table water.
- Over 40% of the materials used in the manufacturing of MTI acrylic products, such as soaking tubs and shower bases, is post-industrial recycled material.
- MTI uses the newest chemicals that offer the lowest emissions.
- Approximately 60% of the material used in the manufacturing of MTI engineered solid-surface products is organic, including mineral mined from the earth and dirt.
- The teak used in MTI products is harvested only after a replacement tree had been planted 20 years earlier.
- MTI's bath furniture is built with FSC-certified wood for minimum impact on the environment.
- MTI's wood finishing process uses protective coatings with low-VOC (Volatile Organic Chemical) and low-HAPs (Hazardous Air Pollutants).
- All MTI tub and shower shipping boxes are made from 100% recycled material.
- MTI sales and promotional literature is produced using FSC-certified paper.
Alchemy sinks: Alchemy Glass and Light still uses ancient techniques by heating and refining metal in a variety of chemical processes, most of which were kept a secret at the time. Today, these methods are still being uses by Steve Weinstocks, to transform sinks into beautiful artwork. Weinstocks has been working with glass for over 15 years and is well known for creating collections of kaleidoscope colored glass sinks. Weinstock also uses precious metals and minerals in his designs to create a wide variety of color palettes. All of the sinks by Weinstock are hand crafted and most importantly functional.
The Celestial Series by Alchemy uses eco-conscious LED light unit embedded underneath the countertop that is designed to fit around any Alchemy sink. The LED light creates a mystical glow around the already artistic sink, creating a one of kind look. The low voltage LED is great for the environment using less energy than that of a standard incandescent light bulb and is estimated to last over 50,000 hours.
Kohler: Kohlerís commitment to water conservation starts with their philosophy of environmental, social and economic responsibility. Their strategies are:
Kohler is reducing their carbon and industrial-waste footprint each year to achieve a net zero environmental footprint by 2035.
Kohler is exciting customers across the globe as well as 30,000 Kohler associates worldwide to integrate sustainability at work and in their homes and communities.
Kohler created a framework to view and measure our product development through the lens of sustainability, without sacrificing our design.
With the average American family using over 300 to 400 gallons of water per day, Kohler knows that conserving water isnít as hard as you might think. By switching to some of Kohlerís more efficient fixtures indoors, it is easy do your part in conserving our planets most precious resource.
Kohler Toilets that flush 1.28 gallons or less, when compared to a 3.5 gallon toilet can save the average family of four up to 16,500 gallons of water per fixture per year.